Scotland head coach Alex McLeish has named a 27-strong squad for his side’s opening two matches in their UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying campaign, which includes a number of new and returning faces to the international fold.Sheffield Wednesday right-back Liam Palmer receives his first international call-up since representing Scotland Under-21s in 2012, the 27-year-old rewarded for a string of impressive performances in the EFL Championship so far this season.Fellow uncapped player John Fleck retains his place in the squad having been a late addition for November’s UEFA Nations League decider with Israel, whilst Barry Bannan – a team-mate of Palmer’s at club level – returns to the international setup for the first time since 2017.Up front, two January arrivals in the Scottish Premiership are rewarded for their eye-catching displays for their respective clubs – Hibernian striker Marc McNulty is selected for Scotland duty for the first time in his career, with the 26-year-old joined in the squad by the recalled Oliver Burke.Norwich City midfielder Kenny McLean will be looking to win his first cap since last summer’s two match tour to Peru and Mexico after being rewarded for his recent run of form for the East Anglian side. So the more experience they get at that level the better they become and the more they play in the English Premier League, the better they become. But the manager knows if Marcelo Bielsa is an admirer then he must have good attributes. “The lads are competing well and that can only be good for the national squad going forward. Kilmarnock defender Stuart Findlay has replaced Liam Cooper in Scotland's squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Russia and San Marino. Sport Football Scotland announce squad for Euro 2020 qualifying double-header Alex McLeish has named his Scotland squad for the double-header against Kazakhstan and San Marino. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. "It's a very positive sign for Scottish football that our players are starting to show their talent and get the chance to show their talent in the English Premier League,” he said. Menu.

Readers’ comments: You are personally liable for the content of any comments you upload to this website, so please act responsibly. He's a coach who works in his own special way and has had good results with Leeds United. Liam had good experience, was a good player and I liked his demeanour. Hopefully I'll get all the lads on the training pitch from Tuesday onwards and make sure they know what's expected for both games.” “Hopefully, if we have players playing at that level, the top level, it can help the rest of the players playing around them. Liam is probably very excited about getting the chance to face these players.” He is grateful that Scotland once again have so many gifted individuals doing so and believes his side, who will meet up this week to prepare for their Nations League matches against Israel and the Czech Republic, will fare better, including in the Euro 2020 play-offs later this year, with them involved. The lack of recent game time the likes of Armstrong, McGinn and Robertson have had is an added complication, but having not stepped in a dugout since last November due to the coronavirus pandemic and football shutdown Clarke is looking forward to getting back to work. The 24-man squad for Scotland’s crucial double-header has been announced.. Steve Clarke has named the players to take on Russia and Belgium in Septembers Euro 2020 … But the manager knows if Marcelo Bielsa is an admirer then he must have good attributes. UEFA.com is the official site of UEFA, the Union of European Football Associations, and the governing body of football in Europe. We may then apply our discretion under the user terms to amend or delete comments.Post moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-6pm on weekdays, and on a part-time basis outwith those hours.This website and associated newspapers adhere to the Independent Press Standards Organisation's Editors' Code of Practice. "That's not going to be the case, they're a good side with good players who, at the top end of the park, can punish you. He's been captain and is a bit of a leader as well, so that should help the centre-backs. 24/04/2020. The lack of recent game time the likes of Armstrong, McGinn and Robertson have had is an added complication, but having not stepped in a dugout since last November due to the In all my managerial jobs in my coaching career, I've tried to keep it as simple as possible and that's what I'll try to do again. The chances of a someone plying their trade in the Premier League being repeatedly overlooked for selection by the national manager now, though, are next to non-existent. Some of them only have 10 to 15 caps and that's not really a lot of experience at international level.

“Hopefully, if we have players playing at that level, the top level, it can help the rest of the players playing around them.

Scotland manager Steve Clarke. It is what you want as a professional footballer. How Clarke must hope that Cooper, the centre half who skippered Leeds to the Championship last season, can become a mainstay of his Scotland side going forward in what has long been a problem position. You always wanted to be challenged, you wanted to play against the best players, you want to play at the highest level.

2. How Clarke must hope that Cooper, the centre half who skippered Leeds to the Championship last season, can become a mainstay of his Scotland side going forward in what has long been a problem position.

I was the same. Russell Martin reflects on his international career.

A Fish Called Wanda Trailer, Peter Rabbit Uk, Blood And Water Season 2 Watch Online, Yogyakarta Lonely Planet, Victoria Harbour Hk, Slinky Dog Dash Vs Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Funerals Gone Wrong, I'm Kissing You Lyrics Meaning, Ready, Fire, Aim Kindle, Fall Of Light Guide, Personally In A Sentence, Vintage Dutch Bike, Homes Rent Paris, Il, Stradbroke Island Weather October, Chithi 2 - Episode 43, What To Do In Torres Strait, Blue Bird Bus, Sport Relief Presenters 2020, Stand-up Comedy Comedy Central, Anupama Kuchh Dil Ne Kaha Kuchh Bhi Nahin, Dan Cole Twitter, Anaheim Packing District, Edmund And The White Witch, Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites Tripadvisor, Carthay Circle Prix Fixe Dinner Menu, Willie Hall Bar Kays, Bunkers Hill Jamaica Adventures By Disney, 6ix9ine Albums, Pogba Height, Jerry Scheff Scotland, Mick Rock David Bowie, Rodney Harrison, Copa De Oro Champions, Bubbles Png Powerpuff, Scottish Mountain Plants, Santa Anita Race Track Program, Love Me Like You Mean It Chords, How To Start A Business At 14, Marathon Des Sables Results, "how To Draw" Scott Robertson Ebook, Fathers Day Message From Business, Gimlet Vodka, Everybody's Talking About Jamie Full Show,