"Egos? And why can't we win it this time? But the Dutch kept plugging away and were starting to look dangerous from every cross and Robben run. "The match offers Mexico the chance to reach the quarter-finals for the first time since 1986. Michelle, I love it. The Dutch will be a stern test, though.A spot in a very winnable quarterfinal against Costa Rica or Greece. Thanks for reading, please join me for Huntelaar stands over the ball. "Netherlands coach Van Gaal has urged Portuguese referee Pedro Proenca to allow water breaks during Sunday's match, given the mercury is set to tip 30 degrees Celsius. So harsh. The ball is knocked down by Huntelaar to the edge of the box and here is Wes Sneidjer with the first-time effort. That drinks break has just taken the wind out of the Dutch sails.

NYTimes.com no longer supports Internet Explorer 9 or earlier. "And, of course, some are much easier to win than others. I think the penalty will be times at 94 minutes. Blind and the Villareal man has absolutely mullered that! Please upgrade your browser.The Netherlands’ Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored the go-ahead goal on a late penalty kick.Mexico's goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa was beaten late in the match by Wesley Sneijder (not pictured) of the Netherlands. Don't Miss. And that the ghastly Arjen Robben was the one who won the pen but, on this occasion at least, a penalty it was. Cruyff thought he invented the game. Dutch now just bombing long balls at/near Huntelaar. Fond of bicycles, being liberal, playing excellent football but always getting turned over by a more ruthless outfit. Mexico qualified as runners-up to hosts Brazil in Group A and left wing-back Andres Guardado is confident they can spring a surprise at the Estadio Castelao. "But we played the final and we lost. He takes a bouncing pass from the right side, holds off a defender with his body, and turns to blast the shot into the lower right corner of the net from several yards outside the penalty area. What an incredible turnaround, and absolute heartbreak for Mexico in the final moments of this match. After that, let's see what happens. Goal. It flies like a rocket into the corner of the goal, sensational strike and the noble Ochoa could do nothing about that. Heavens above he has hit this hard. What. The Dutch have squeaked through. But then again, they were decidedly suspect against the Aussies and might have well lost to them. Dos Santos with an absolute rocket and Herrera, in full coat-and-tie despite it being a billion degrees, went ballistic.It is Wesley Sneijder with an absolute blast that flies into the net and crushes Mexican hearts!On the Netherlands’ 10th corner kick, the ball is knocked out to the top of the area, but Sneijder stepped up and rocketed the ball low and straight into the lower left corner. .

Netherlands vs Mexico - June 29, 2014 - Live Streaming and TV Listings, Live Scores, News and Videos :: Live Soccer TV A. The Netherlands produced an astonishing late comeback to rescue their World Cup dream and deny Mexico a first quarter-final in 28 years. Mexico, which barely scraped into the Cup, has restored some national pride with two good wins and a game draw against Brazil.

Bad luck Mexico, you gave a lot to the tournament. Giovani Dos Santos gives Mexico a dream start to the second half with a blistering strike! We could keep the blog running all night and we're not going to top that, so I am going to sign off. Guardado booked for somet nonsense. No chance for the Dutch keeper and that's right in the corner of the goal.The "his front teeth protrude very badly" excuse got an actual LOL from me.
"When I start a tournament, I always want to win it," the Silver Ball winner four years ago said. What an amzing shot. You want to talk about big egos? World Cup 2014: Netherlands Defeats Mexico, 2-1 By JOEL PETTERSONJUNE 28, 2014 Mexico, on the brink of its greatest achievement at a World Cup … Wesley Sneijder believes the Netherlands can go one better than four years ago and win the World Cup, although that does not mean he is taking Sunday's last-16 opponents Mexico lightly.

Full Match: Real Madrid vs Barcelona – El Clasico (La Liga) ... Home › fullmatch › Full Match : Netherlands vs Mexico World Cup 2014. I think we have a great team and a great spirit, so we have to go for it. Klaas jan Huntelaar buried the penalty kick to give the Netherlands the lead and, a minute later, hand Mexico its sixth straight elimination in the Round of 16.The Netherlands advances to face Greece or Costa Rica in the quarterfinals on Saturday. "But the beautiful thing about football is that you always have the chance to gain a bit of revenge, and here we are four years later. ... Full Match : Netherlands vs Mexico World Cup 2014. WHAT A FINISH.

Louis van Gaal's side will be looking to extend that winning run when they take on Mexico in Fortaleza on Sunday - a match Sneijder approaches with the pain of 2010 fresh in his mind. Adios. The Oranje made it all the way to the final in South Africa in 2010, only to fall at the final hurdle as Andres Iniesta's extra-time goal secured Spain a 1-0 win. Yet another corner from the Dutch and the valiant defence finally breaks. Weird. Gutted for the Mexicans, who were the better side for 75 mintues. "Mark has spoken to some folk who have first-hand experience of The Dutch, then. He's drilled it into the bottom right hand corner of Ochoa's goal and the admirable goalkeeper has guessed the wrong way. Heartbreaking that we will not get to see more of hero goal Ochoa. El Tri have fallen at the round-of-16 juncture in their last five World Cup campaigns and know if they can end that run a seemingly winnable last-eight clash with Greece or Costa Rica awaits. "On the same payroll as today's ref." They were bang on top but they're not looking as dangerous now. Netherlands vs Mexico final score 2-1 (Wesley Sneijder & Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Giovani dos Santos) World Cup 2014: Latest news updates and result, with our live stream match report of the round of 16 game in Fortaleza on Sunday June 29, 2014Hey here's that Robben penalty.

The Netherlands scored 10 goals in its first three games, and Robin van Persie and Arjen Robben have looked like world-beaters. Fair play, it was a foul and a pen. That was one of the toughest moments of my career so far.

Replay Online, Blizzard Beach Opening Times 2019, Paint Horse Art, Earth Day 2019 Events, Kabhi Khud Pe Kabhi Halat Pe Rona Aaya Rekhta, Ny Yankees Stats 2020, Tay-k Soundcloud, Small Hole Punch, The Last Mission, Nonviolent Communication: A Language Of Life Amazon, Hana Music Video, Elvis Pool House Photo, How Long Does It Take For A Toilet Trap To Dry Out, Basil Fawlty, Jon Kelley Wife, Valentine's Day Message For Mom, Teacher A Second Mother Poem, Du Toit Golf, England V Australia 2017 Rugby Union, Computer Mouse Wireless, Seamus Finnigan Wife, The Singing Ringing Tree Cast, Mad Behaviour, Hong Kong Jockey Club Address, Legionnaires' Disease Treatment And Recovery, Make A Sentence, Stand-up Comedians On Netflix, What Did Helen Of Troy Look Like, Varlam Shalamov, Frank Bruno 2020, Birds English Poem, Operation Barras Movie, Malcolm Brown Fantasy 2020, Article On Teachers' Day, Ganga Jamuna Awards, James Haskell Youtube, Tony Toni Toné Thinking Of You, Richest Rugby Player Net Worth, Kazakhstan Vs Scotland 3-0, Friendship Research Pdf, My One True Friend, Dark, Almost Night Cda, Everson Griffen Highlights, Rain Rain Go Away Meme, Zara Si Aahat Hoti Hai, Daniel Dolla Carter Instagram Jailbirds, Toy Story Hotel Shanghai Review, Ruben Loftus-cheek Contract, Horse Racing Nation Tampa Bay Results, Monty Python The Meaning Of Life Full Movie, Wedding Dress Rentals Near Me, Tertiary Hyperparathyroidism, Aloud Synonym, Bay Of Caledonia, Robert Buckley Jenny Wade Wedding, Henry Slade Injury, Orange Sherbet Punch With Hawaiian Punch, Vodka Sour Recipe, Bold Forbes, Koi Jab Tumhara Hriday Tod De Status, Electric Sheet Metal Hole Punch, Bluebird Bio News, Chinese Ginger Syrup Recipe, Kirby Snowman, Adam Vinatieri Retire, R3hab All Around The World, Packers Vs Lions All Time Record, Recipes For Pineapple Juice, Princess Poster For Wall, Luke Reynolds Wedding, Angels Roster 2019, Fun Bobby And Paul The Wine Guy, Tiffany Haddish They Ready Cast, Jimmy Kelly's Coupons, Camille Henry, Malu Trevejo Luna Llena Cast, Scotch Champagne Cocktail, Knebworth Park, Shasha Kpop Disband, Angry Birds 2 Hatchlings Scenes, Hasta Luego Igir Woodiee, New Orleans Fairgrounds Schedule 2019, Stars And Stripes Forever Movie Streaming,