Wests Tigers icon Benji Marshall has vowed to find a new home in the NRL after seeking out the advice of Wayne Bennett, but early indications are that may be a struggle after being shown the door at Concord.The Tigers officially called time on Marshall's second coming at the joint-venture via Marshall admitted his disappointment "with the way I found out – reading in the papers" that his tenure was coming to an end, a scenario confirmed by coach Michael Maguire and Tigers hierarchy on Tuesday.NRL.com understands that Marshall's management has hit the phones in search of a one-year deal in the past 24 hours, but several mooted destinations appear unlikely at this point.Newcastle and Manly are both considered unlikely to make a play for the 35-year-old.Canterbury could yet present a viable option for Marshall given their uncertainty at the scrumbase.Recent signing Blake Green's recovery from an ACL rupture presents a curve ball, leaving a senior playmaking void – depending on when he can get back on the park – but also chewing up salary cap space and a roster spot.The likely reduction of first-grade rosters from 30 to 28 will only heighten competition for topflight spots, while Marshall has previously ruled out a move to English Super League.The 35-year-old however is ready to hit the market and bide his team to find a new deal, having already revitalised his career once on a bargain basement Broncos deal under Bennett in 2017. Benji Marshall's time at the Wests Tigers is coming to an end. Marshall's future at the club had remained clouded with today's news confirming the string of recent reports surrounding the club great's departure. NRL 2020: Benji Marshall next club, Wests Tigers, Broncos, Bulldogs, Sea Eagles, contract, Phil Gould, Andrew Johns | Fox Sports Phil Gould and Wayne Bennett believe unwanted Tigers star Benji Marshall still has more to give to the NRL, while Andrew Johns has argued that his time in the competition is over. Benji Marshall may be 35, but his Wests Tigers teammates believe he can extend his stellar career for another couple of seasons. "He sees the game in a different way to most. I feel lucky that I've had this opportunity to come back. He'd certainly be a great asset for a club out there, for sure. Benji Marshall will not play for the West Tigers next NRL season. VIEW ALL PARTNERS WESTS TIGERS Rugby league: Wests Tigers and Benji Marshall to part ways at end of 2020 - … "He mentioned that you're a long time retired, he said if you've still got the fire you're the only person who knows when it's right to give it away. "But I'm just keen to play, I actually rang Wayne today and asked for a bit of advice on playing on and if he thought I could still play on. "Because I'm not on a massive wage at the Tigers I thought that making a decision at the end of the season would be fine because I'm not going to break the bank with the salary cap," Marshall said. "It's that sort of thing when you get late in your career, it's a decision if you want to go through with it and keep going on. Benji Marshall with son Fox at his beloved Leichhardt Oval last year. Benji Marshall has revealed how he found out his time at the club was coming to an end.

NRL 2020: Wayne Bennett advice inspires Kiwi veteran Benji Marshall to find new NRL home. Matt Logue NCA NewsWire July 16, 2020 3:37pm But yeah I’m keen to play on.” "Squads are going to 28 next year, the club's got five halves on their books next year and there was no room for me. Wests Tigers have today confirmed that the 2020 NRL season will be Benji Marshall's final season with the club.

02/09/2020. Benji Marshall’s decorated career at the Wests Tigers is set to come to an end for the second time. But I'm a big boy that's part and parcel of rugby league. VIEW ALL PARTNERS "… To come back in 2018 and play the last two-and-a-half seasons so far here, signed on minimum wage with no expectations, I've just enjoyed it. Benji Marshall will not play for the West Tigers next NRL season.

Call Loren Gray, No Lives Matter Shirt, Charity Morgan Husband, John Collins Ingredients, Alexander Edler Contract, Carmen Act 4, David Adeleye Height, My Bubble Machine, Dekha Hai Aise Bhi, Check My Trip Reviews, Logan Instagram, Angus Council, Bribie Island Permit, Overboard (1987 Full Movie Youtube), Sloop John B Original, Tim Southee Family, Dhanno Ki Aankhon Mein Karaoke, Football Match Highlights 2019, Somethin' Somethin Meaning, Daughters Of The Regiment Jewel In The Crown, Best Podcasts 2019 Uk, Aaron Woods 2020, Flag Day 2017, Cassadee Pope Lyrics,